a. He utters a statement by which he intends to re-establish a spousal relationship with her, and it should not merely be a declaration of re-establishing the spousal relationship.
b. He performs an action with the intention of re-establishing a spousal relationship, by which it is understood that he wishes to do so, such as touching or kissing her. A return is also established through consummation even if he does not have the intention of returning to her.
However, if she marries another person after the third divorce, she becomes lawful for the first husband (to marry) given certain conditions:
1. The marriage to the second husband is a permanent marriage. However if it is a time specific marriage, such as one month or one year, then the first husband will not be able to marry her after she separates from the latter.
2. The second husband engages in vaginal intercourse with her in a manner that both of them take pleasure from the act.
3. The second husband divorces her or he passes away.
4. The ‘iddah of divorce or the ‘iddah of a widow with respect to the second husband should come to an end.
5. Based on obligatory precaution, the second husband should be b¡ligh.